Tuesday, August 16, 2011

New beginnings...

well... here it is, a bit scary for me, but I thought I'd give it a go.  I wonder about being open with the world, never done that before, you write like this you show your heart to the world.  But I'll take the risk;.....time to be bold, and got to not worry about what people think, just be myself, jump, and hope my wings work....

So, here I am... I take my place alongside the vast masses of people flinging their thoughts and musings out into cyberspace.  Lately I've found inspiration again, it's been a long time since I've felt inspired, even a matter of years...and feeling the motivation to create returning to you is always a good thing.

September's around the corner, somehow this time of year always has an appeal to me; it has a sort of start-again-buckle-down-and-get-on-with-it feel to it.  Yes, spring is about new beginnings but in a sense autumn too, at least to me, and I have many good memories of making inspiring fresh starts in the autumn.  Big changes in my life often coincided with this time of year. 

Apart from anything else I love the mellow twilight of summer, those long golden days with cool evenings.  Sleepy summer leaves take on copper hues, and there seems to be a sort of restful quietness in nature after the frenzy of summer. The full harvest moon rises sultry red and low on the horizon, sky all fuggy and hazy.  A sort of meditative introspective ambience.

But enough already with the poetic jibble-jabble.  I want to try out creative writing again....  There's so much I have to do and want to do, so far I have to journey to get to where I am supposed to be going.  And at the moment I am trying to find out where exactly that is.  The last 16 years and the whole mish-mash of things that have happened came to an abrupt end; a whole world disintigrated suddenly, like firm ground fragmenting away right beneath my feet.  Surreal and terrifying. 

But now no looking back anymore and it's time to get up, stop feeling blue and make something of my life.  These past years....hopefully I'm stronger for it, maybe a little wiser, I guess we'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

one my 'far green country' drawings

one my 'far green country' drawings
one of my 'far green country' drawings